Dobrzyniewo Duże

Dobrzyniewo Duże

The municipality is located in the central part of Podlaskie Voivodeship, in Białystok Poviat. One of the commune's assets is its location in the area of the Białystok agglomeration and, at the same time, in a very interesting natural area of the Knyszyn Primeval Forest buffer zone and the Narew River basin with its tributaries - the Supraśl and Biała rivers. The following areas are legally protected: the 'Kulikówka' reserve with an area of approximately 11 ha in Zalesie, created to preserve a fragment of the Kulikówka stream valley, with a rich site of an extremely rare ostrich fern, and part of the 'Krzemianka' reserve with an area of approximately 231 ha, located in the western part of the Knyszyn Primeval Forest Landscape Park.

Dobrzyniewo Duże 2

There is a fragment of the forest maintained in its natural state, characterised by an abundance of protected species and a great diversity of tree stands and a set of springs feeding a stream called Krzemianka; special attractions of the reserve include bee hives and the remains of a prehistoric flint mine. The natural conditions of the municipality's natural environment, little transformed by human activity, the abundance of forests, thanks to which it is possible to develop hunting, gathering of forest fruits, as well as hiking, horse riding and cycling, the existence of protected areas, natural watercourses, historical monuments, many places of interest - determine the attractiveness of this area for tourists.

In the area of the commune, there are many objects of historical and cultural value.

In Dobrzyniewo Kościelne it is worth seeing the brick church of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, built in the years 1905-1910 in neo-Gothic style, and the historic cemetery. In Fasty one can see the picturesquely situated brick parish church of the Elevation of the Holy Cross from 1875. This five-domed Orthodox church, with a three-storey tower, was renovated in 1939. There is also an Orthodox wooden cemetery chapel of St Michael the Archangel in Fasty.

This timber-framed, planked, rectangular-plan wooden temple was built between 1893 and 1895. The temple was first mentioned in the 16th century. The landed property belonged to the Supraska Monastery. The temple replaced the parish church for 9 years, which burned down in 1863 in unexplained circumstances. Also in Fasty, on Leśna Street, there is a mass grave and a monument commemorating the leaders of the people's movement in the Białystok region who were mass murdered in 1943.

In the village of Pogorzałki it is worth seeing a brick and wooden chapel dating from 1863 and extended in 1905, and in the village of Jaworówka, there is a monument - an obelisk founded in memory of the inhabitants of the village of Jaworówka who were executed on 17.08.1863 on Biała Góra.

The community of fewer than eight thousand people, living in 26 villages, consists of family farmers and people active in small and medium-sized enterprises. The rural character of the commune is distinguished by its social values, which undoubtedly include the existence of still strong interpersonal ties within small local communities and the cultivation of traditions.

The statistical portrait of the municipality

Visit the website of the city


Office of the Board of the Association of Bialystok Functional Area

ul. Mickiewicza 74 lok. 6 
15-427 Białystok
tel./fax  85 661 15 38